PROVISIONING ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (Permanent position)
Salary Level: 07
Directorate/Project: Biosystematics and Collections
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) is seeking to appoint a highly motivated administrator to manage the administrative needs of the National Herbarium by controlling the administrative and financial support services provided to the Herbarium Manager, Biosystematics Research Manager, National Herbarium staff and key customers.
The position requires the successful candidate to be in possession of a three year Diploma/Degree in Office Management / Public Administration or a relevant tertiary qualification, enhanced by 2 years’ working experience in secretarial and administration functions.
The candidate should demonstrate good organizational development, coordination, filing management, writing, communication, and document formatting skills, and must have an excellent spoken and written command of English, as well as ability to work independently and as part of a team. The candidate should be in possession of a valid (unendorsed) Code B driver’s license and one year’s practical driving experience is compulsory. The candidate must be highly proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and email. The incumbent must have a working knowledge of the procurement financial system and the Public Finance Management Act.
The appointee will be responsible for:
- Financial transaction management of finances.
- Facilitation of Cost Centre procurement processes.
- Provide logistical coordination for travel arrangements, functions etc.
- Maintain Cost Centre assets, stores and archives.
- Maintain accurate leave records and attendance register.
- Provide general administrative support such as record keeping, documents control, taking minutes at meetings and management of equipment, stationery and other supplies.
SANBI offers an annual salary of R211 194.00 and additional fringe benefits.
- Applications must be accompanied by a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
- A competency test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
- Applicants must also provide the full names, addresses and telephone numbers and if possible e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
- An application form must accompany the CV and motivational letter. Download Application Form.
- Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Mr Mzekelo Mpatani on 012 843 5229 if further information required. Email completed application form, a motivational letter and concise CV to email@example.com or fax to 012 843 5222. Postal applications are to be addressed to: The Director - Human Resources, South African National Biodiversity Institute, Private Bag X101, Pretoria, 0001.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may assume that their applications were unsuccessful.
Please note that any emails sent to SANBI must be under 10MB in size.