One year internship programme
South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) is offering a one year internship to assist with legal work on SANBI’s Biodiversity Information and Policy Advice Unit.
The intern will assist in:
- Conducting legal, and related, research
- Assisting with the preparation of a legal database for SANBI
- Assisting with preparation and submission of comments on draft laws, regulations and official notices
- Sending out legal and policy briefs to relevant SANBI staff and partner organisations
- Attending and taking notes at meetings
- Assisting with the drafting of legal discussion documents
Who is eligible to apply?
We invite applications from graduates with an LLB degree, with a demonstrable interest in environmental law. An LLM in environmental law will be an added advantage. Candidates should have a good command of spoken and written English, have experience in MS Office, and ideally a code B driver’s license with at least one year driving experience. This internship is only available to South African citizens and will be awarded in line with national equity targets.
Value of internship
The monthly stipend offered is fixed at
- R7 150 (LLB completed) or
- R8 250 (LLM completed).
No other benefits apply as this is an internship position.
Please find attached cover sheet to accompany the application. Applications should include a cover letter, explaining your interest in and suitability for the post, full CV, letter of reference, certified copies of ID and academic record.
Please do not apply online for this position.
Please submit your application to: email@example.com, subject: SANBI Environmental Law Internship.
Tel.: 021 799 8752/8600
SANBI reserves the right not to fill this internship.
If no response has been received within 21 days of the closing date, candidates may assume that their applications were unsuccessful.
Closes: Monday, 3 December 2018
Duration: 1 February 2019 – 31 January 2020
Location: Cape Town