Please note: We have made temporary access available to the Fynbos and Leopards Kloof trails via a detoured path, please be on the lookout for directional signage.
Because some of the structures are temporary and some sections of the pathways are narrow, visitors are asked to please be careful at all times when using these trails.
The Zigzag trail along with the Oudebosh trail that we share between the garden and the Kogelberg Nature Reserve remains closed.
- Telephone +27(0)28 272 9311
- Fax +27(0)28 272 9333
- Email: Harold.Porter.NBG@sanbi.org.za
- Mon-Fri: 08h00-16h30
- Weekends & Public Holidays
Where mountains and sea meet, fynbos at its richest
This lovely garden is situated in the centre of the coastal fynbos where the flora is at its richest. It encompasses mountain slopes with wind-clipped heathlands, deep gorges with relict forests, flats and marshes with restios, sedges and bulbs, as well as dunes adjacent to the beach with specialised salt-adapted plants. The Garden is renowned for its waterfalls and amber pools.
The main fynbos families (proteas, ericas and restios) are present as well as other important families such as irises, daisies and orchids. The Garden boasts red disa (Disa uniflora) in its natural habitat as well as South Africa’s national flower, the king protea (Protea cynaroides).
A visit at any time of the year will prove a delight. We look forward to welcoming you to this little piece of paradise. The Garden is open 365 days a year.
This beautiful, secluded Garden is set between mountain and sea, in the heart of the Cape Fynbos region within the Kogelberg Biosphere Reserve. It consists of 10 hectares of cultivated fynbos garden and 190.5 hectares of pristine natural fynbos. The Garden Estate is the natural part of the garden with several kilometres of nature trails providing scenic views of forests, mountains and coastline.
- Adult (18-59 years): R28.00
- Seniors (60 years plus): R18.00
- Student (with valid card): R18.00
- Learners: R10.00
- Children under 6 years: Free
- SA Botanical Society members: Free (except for special events)
- Please note that Wild Card Members do not qualify for free entry to SANBI Gardens.
- View on Google Maps
- Cnr Clarence Drive & Broadwith Rd
- Betty’s Bay
- South Africa
- Postal Address:
- P.O. Box 35, Betty’s Bay, 7141
- GPS Co-ordinates:
- 18°55’36.8″E 34°21’06.3″S
- Long 18.92690 Lat -34.35176