- Mon-Sun: 08h00-18h00
- No entry after 17h00
An urban oasis to explore
This 76 ha urban oasis is a pristine getaway situated in the eastern suburbs of South Africa’s administrative capital, Pretoria.
A 35 m high quartzite outcrop divides the Garden in two sections. Its frosty south-facing section and the north-facing, warmer section present two different worlds to the visitor and botanist. A paved nature trail gives access to the fascinating natural vegetation on the ridge, which boasts a diversity of indigenous fauna and flora.
Fifty hectares of the total area is devoted to developed garden, using almost exclusively South African plants. All the flowering plant species to be seen, including 50% of the country’s tree species, make this Garden a botanical tapestry. Visitors are offered a glimpse of different biomes such as savanna and forest biomes. Different theme gardens are continuously being developed.
The Garden is home to the Head Office of the South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) and successfully bridges the gap between scientific research and the recreational environment.
- Adults: R35
- Students (with a valid student card): R20
- Scholars: R15
- Pre-scholars (children under 6 years): Free
- Pre-school groups: R2/learner
- SA Senior Citizens (with ID): R15
- SA Senior Citizens (with ID) can enter for free on Tuesdays
- BOTSOC members (with valid BotSoc card): Free
- Gazebo: R30
- Iziko Braai Area: R55 per adult (No booking required, but pre-booking for corporate functions apply)
- Booking: E-mail Eziko@sanbi.org.za or contact (012) 843 5071 or (012) 843 5200
- Please note that entrance fees may change on the days that special events (e.g. concerts and shows) are hosted.
2 Cussonia Ave, Brummeria, Pretoria, South Africa.
Private Bag x101
- 28°16’19.8″E 25°44’18.2″S
- Long 28.27218 Lat -25.73838