- walks/hikes exercise,
- restaurant open for sit-down meals,
- conferences and meetings for business purposes (and aligned with restrictions on public gatherings),
- Eziko Braai Area opened subject to pre-bookings* with the Garden Office (Limitation to 50 persons and observance of all protocol)
- Boot Camp for Women (subject to social distancing of one and a half metres & limitation of 50 persons per session),
- picnics, (subject to limitation of 50 persons),
- public events (subject to a limitation of 50 persons),
- weddings (subject to a limitation of 50 persons),
- concerts (subject to a limitation of 50 persons) and social gatherings (subject to a limitation of 50 persons)
- Parkruns, Lunar runs,
- Organised runs
Garden’s maximum carrying capacity under advanced alert level 2: 2 000.
*Pre-booking with the Garden Office, based on a first come first serve basis. Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Garden rules
- Walk around
- Learn more about nature
- Appreciate nature
- Enjoy the environment
- Get gardening tips
- Make fires
- Skate board
- Cycle (bicycle, tricycle etc.)
- Climb trees
- Bring firearms
- Pick/ collect any fauna or flora
- Do graffiti
- Bring animals (only guide dogs allowed)
For those in wheelchairs
- Toilet facilities at the Garden entrance, restaurant and Milkplum Restaurant inside the Garden are adapted for disabled persons.
- Wheelchairs can be obtained from the Garden entrance on request.
- All pathways, except for the pathways on the ridge (Dassie Trail), the Succulent Garden and Cycad Garden, are accessible to visitors in wheelchairs.
- A special theme garden, the Enabling Garden, addressing the needs of physically challenged people, has been developed near the Garden entrance. Make time to visit this garden to get interesting information and tips on how to adapt a garden for the physically disabled. Information in Braille is also displayed on information boards.
When is the best time to visit the Garden?
The Garden is situated in the typical South African Highveld climate zone. Summers are predominantly warm to hot (November to February), and winters are cold and crispy. Rainfall normally occurs in summer in the form of thunderstorms. Visit the Garden all year round because each season brings something special to look forward to.