The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) and its partners will be hosting the Land Reform and Biodiversity Stewardship 2020 Learning Exchange. The purpose of the learning exchange is to:
- To create a learning and innovation hub for key matters relating to land reform and biodiversity stewardship.
- To demonstrate, through learning and case studies, the developmental impact of biodiversity in land reform projects.
- To showcase the strides of the National Land Reform and Biodiversity Stewardship Initiative since the call for the initiative to be revitalised.
- Provide a learning platform for communities and NGOs involved in the LRBS Initiative.
- Increase the participation of communities in the process of peer-learning.
- Present opportunities for rural and economic development in the Land Reform and Biodiversity Stewardship community of practice.
- Capacity building for community beneficiaries and practitioners within the Land Reform and Biodiversity Stewardship space.
The Learning Exchange will be held under the theme: ‘Reshaping rural development through the biodiversity economy.’
Date: 18, 19 and 20 February 2020
Venue: Anew Hotel Hluhluwe, KwaZulu-Natal.
Tel.: +27 (0)12 843 5120