Reference Number: AFIN/2020/005
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) requires the services of an organized and dedicated person to do remuneration accounting, reconciliations and payroll data capture.
The successful candidate must be in possession of a three year relevant Diploma/Degree in Financial Management with at least 2 years’ post qualification relevant experience experience in Finance and Administration.
In addition, the appointee requires a flair for figures, computer literacy in Ms Office (Excel and Word) and a good spoken and written command of English. The candidate is required to have experience working with Sage Accpac 300: general ledger module and cash book module or similar ERP system.
The responsibilities include:
- Balance sheet/income statement payroll related reconciliations (monthly/annual);
- Payroll and budgeting administration (monthly/annual) – reconciliations of various system generated reports to the general ledger;
- Preparation and capture of Payroll income and expenses journal entries;
- Cashbook entries and reconciliations;
- Reconciliation of employer funded expenses pertaining to the SANBI Retirement Funds.
1) An application form must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
2) A competency test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
3) Applicants must also provide the full names, addresses and telephone numbers and if possible e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
4) Failure to submit the requested information and reference number may result in your application not being considered.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Ms Zena Appollis on (021) 799 8647/8800 or preferably, or forward the completed application form, a letter and concise CV via e-mail to email@example.com or fax 0865899569. Postal applications are to be addressed to the Deputy Director: Human Resources, South African National Biodiversity Institute, Private Bag X7, Claremont, 7735.
Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI.
If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Closes: Tuesday, 06 October 2020
Location: Cape Town
Job type: Permanent
Salary package: R250 278.00 to R350 389.00