Reference Number: NBG/008/2022
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) is looking for a self-motivated individual to render effective and efficient secretarial, office management and administrative support services to the National Infrastructure Programme Directorate.
This position requires an advanced diploma or degree in Public Administration, Business Management, Office Management or equivalent qualification with NQF 7. A postgraduate degree in Public Administration, Business Management, Office Management or equivalent degree at NQF 8 will be an added advantage. This position also requires 3 years’ work experience in relevant field, with 1 year experience in office administration, procurement, logistics, records and stores management, projects and event management.
The following competencies are required for the candidate to be successful in this position: in-depth knowledge of Public Finance Management Act, and Treasury Regulations is essential; extensive knowledge and experience of legislation, policies, procedures, processes, practices, systems, and frameworks related to office administration, procurement, logistics, project and event management are essential; proven ability and experience to work with diverse team and under pressure whilst being quality and safety conscious; strict adherence to policies, procedures, processes, governance, compliance, and confidentiality will be advantageous; advanced planning, organizing, interpersonal, and problem solving skills; excellent communication skills at all levels (both verbal and written); excellent computer literacy and experience in the application of software tools including (Ms Word, MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Internet and Outlook) will be advantageous. The possession of a valid driver’s licence with at least one-year practical driving experience and a willingness to travel is essential.
Key Performance Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the procurement and claims for the division;
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the division;
- Provide meeting and workshop preparation for the division;
- Perform office administration duties; and
- Ensure effective utilisation of the filing system management.
1) An application form must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for this position, and certified qualifications confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of meeting minimum qualifications and relevant experience will not be considered).
2) A competency test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
3) Applicants must also provide the full names, addresses and telephone numbers and if possible e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
4) Failure to submit the requested information and reference number shall result in your application not being considered.
Personal Information will be processed by SANBI for purposes of assessing your suitability for the advertised position. SANBI may also share your personal information including special personal information with service providers or third parties, both within the Republic of South Africa and in other jurisdictions, to carry out verification of qualifications and other necessary documents, background and reference checks, competency assessment tests, and criminal record checks.
In this regard, by virtue of your application, you acknowledge that SANBI’s authorised verification agent(s) and service providers will access your personal information including special personal information to conduct background screening, verification of qualifications and other necessary documents, reference checks, competency assessment tests, and criminal record checks. For more information, kindly refer to SANBI’s website.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply . SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Postal applications must be addressed to:
Assistant Director: Human Resources,
South African National Biodiversity Institute,
Private Bag X101,
Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates must consider their applications unsuccessful.
Mr Stephen Mahlangu
Tel: 079 408 7932
Closes: Friday, 2 December 2022
Job type: 3 year contract
Salary: R269 214.00 plus 37% in lieu of benefits