Reference number: BEE/2019/003
Re-advertisement - Candidates who previously applied are encouraged to re-apply
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) requires an enthusiastic, motivated individual to manage, control and report on all finances related to SANBI’s Groen Sebenza II Project.
This appointment requires the candidate to be in possession of a three year tertiary qualification in Accounting or Financial Management enhanced by at least 5 years’ relevant post-qualification working experience in the Finance environment.
Experience in working with public finance, knowledge and understanding of supply chain management processes in public service and reporting frameworks in DEA’s Working for Programme is essential. The successful candidate should have good communication skills, interpersonal skills, planning and reporting skills, as well as a valid Code B driver’s license.
The successful candidate must have good interpersonal and teamwork skills, financial accounting skills, accuracy and analytical skills, excellent organisational and coordination skills, a proven ability to work within public sector.
In addition, appointment requires a flair for figures, computer literacy in MS Office (advanced Excel knowledge and practical experience) and a good spoken and written command of English. The incumbent must also be able to work well under pressure, with limited supervision, and be able to adhere to stringent deadlines. The successful candidate must be in possession of a valid (unendorsed) code B drivers’ licence and be willing to travel.
- Procurement Management: SANBI SCM Procurement Procedure Compliance, PFMA and other National Treasury Regulatory requirements.
- Management of Financial records: Cashbooks, Bank Reconciliations and Monthly Financial Reports to various Stakeholders.
- Submit monthly Project Payment Reports to the Department of Environmental Affairs via their Programme Management System (PMS)
- Complete and submit new Business Plans and required amendments where necessary.
- Management design and updates of Financial Reporting Systems and schedules.
- Liaison between all Stakeholders including DEA
- Plan and coordinate audits for the project
- Financial administrative co-ordination, assistance and support to Project Manager.
1) An application form must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
2) A skills test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
3) Applicants must also provide the full names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
4) Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position.
All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Mr Stephen Mahlangu on 012 843 5217 or, preferably, forward the completed application form, a letter, certified copies of qualification, ID, drivers licence and concise CV via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 012 843 5222.
Postal applications are to be addressed to the:
Assistant Director: Human Resources,
South African National Biodiversity Institute,
Private Bag X101,
Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Closes: Monday, 16 September 2019
Job type: 3-year contract
Salary package: R370 655.00 – R518 916.00 per annum