Reference number: BEPE/001/2022
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) is looking for a self-motivated individual to ensure compliance with all Groen Sebenza and mandatory finance and donor funded financial management and reporting procedures; including the preparation of budgets, forecasting and monitoring of expenditure and contracts, preparation of financial reports, the submission of financial management reports and deal with audit requests.
This position requires a degree in Financial Management or equivalent qualification with NQF 7. A postgraduate qualification in Financial Management or equivalent qualification with NQF 8 will be an added advantage. S 6 years’ experience in project administration and/or management are required, 3 years of which should be in supervisory level.
The following competencies are required for the candidate to be successful in this position: extensive knowledge and understanding of Financial Management, Public Finance Management Act, Treasury Regulations, and Generally Recognised Accounting Practice is essential; extensive knowledge and understanding of project management techniques, tools, methodologies; and frameworks; proven ability and experience in managing finances, budget and funding for multiple projects from multiple funders; advance knowledge of financial management external to SANBI, that is, budgeting for proposals, report to donors, budgeting and reporting, etc; comprehensive knowledge about government Human Resources Management, Supply Chain Management, Information Technology Management including Corporate Governance policies, procedures, and processes is essential; being highly organised and efficient; a clear-thinker able to solve problems and see all sides of a situation; ability to manage high pressure and be able to juggle with multiple stakeholders each with their own challenges whilst multi skilling across multi projects simultaneously; demonstrate outstanding stakeholder engagement and relationships management; attention to detail in dealing with budgeting, financial management, and reporting; systemic visualisation of various projects entailing a programme, advanced planning, organizing, problem solving skills; proven ability to perform monitoring & evaluation of multi projects; proven ability to work under pressure with diverse team while being quality and safety conscious; extensive knowledge and experience in working with legislation, policies, procedures, processes, practices, systems, and frameworks related to project, management, donor funding, and stakeholder management; excellent financial report writing, and communication at all levels (both verbal and written); excellent computer literacy and experience in the application of software tools including (Ms Word, MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Internet and Outlook).
The possession of a valid driver’s licence with at least one-year practical driving experience and a willingness to travel is essential.
Key performance responsibilities include
- Identify and manage risks and provide financial management support to the Project Manager: Groen Sebenza;
- Interpret policies and procedures and advise project leaders;
- Undertake financial reporting for the project, liaison between partners and coordinate project audit;
- Ensure effective financial administration of projects;
- Maintain project systems, donor and PFMA compliance and ensure accurate financial reporting; and
- Advise project leaders and enforce project compliance and Human capital development and transformation and implement and drive change and transformation.
1) An application form must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for this position, and certified qualifications confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of meeting minimum qualifications and relevant experience will not be considered).
2) A competency test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
3) Applicants must also provide the full names, addresses and telephone numbers and if possible e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
4) Failure to submit the requested information and reference number shall result in your application not being considered.
Personal Information will be processed by SANBI for purposes of assessing your suitability for the advertised position. SANBI may also share your personal information including special personal information with service providers or third parties, both within the Republic of South Africa and in other jurisdictions, to carry out verification of qualifications and other necessary documents, background and reference checks, competency assessment tests, and criminal record checks.
In this regard, by virtue of your application, you acknowledge that SANBI’s authorised verification agent(s) and service providers will access your personal information including special personal information to conduct background screening, verification of qualifications and other necessary documents, reference checks, competency assessment tests, and criminal record checks. For more information, kindly refer to SANBI’s website.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply . SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Postal applications must be addressed to:
Deputy Director: Human Resources,
South African National Biodiversity Institute,
Private Bag X7,
Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates must consider their applications unsuccessful.
Tel.: +27 (0)21 799 8878/8800
Closes: Friday, 05 August 2022
Job type: Fixed-term contract ending 31 March 2025
Location: Cape Town
Salary: R477 090.00 per annum