Reference Number: APER/2019/001
The South African National Biodiversity Institute’s (SANBI) Human Resources Division, requires a highly professional person to be a part of their management team to strategically manage all Human Resources administrative functions and assist with the implementation of the Human Resources and Transformation Strategy.
The successful candidate must be in possession of a three year tertiary qualification in Human Resources enhanced by 5 years’ relevant working experience in the discipline, coupled with two years’ supervisory experience. The candidate must have knowledge and understanding of all applicable Human Resources legislation and prescripts, including but not limited to, the Basic Conditions of Employment Act, Employment Equity Act, Labour Relations Act and have practical experience in PERSAL.
The successful candidate must possess the following skills:
Highly skilled in the MS Office suite, good presentation, policy writing, communication (verbal and written), interpersonal (working independently and as part of a team), analytical and problem solving skills. Furthermore, the candidate must be in possession of a valid (unendorsed) Code B driver’s license with at least one year’s driving experience and willing to travel nationally.
Key responsibilities will include to:
- Provide strategic input and support on the Human Resources Annual Performance Plan and Human Resources and Transformation Strategy;
- Develop, review and implement Human Resources policies, procedures and processes;
- Coordinate the recruitment and selection activities;
- Coordinate the conditions of service and service benefits;
- Coordinate Performance Management, Job Evaluation and Induction Programme;
- Approve all PERSAL transactions and attend to the enquiries;
- Advise clients on Human Resources policies, processes and procedures and
- Supervise a team.
SANBI offers an annual salary of R356 289.00 per annum and additional fringe benefits.
Please do not apply online for this position. Applications should be forwarded to: email@example.com.
1) An application form must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
2) A skills test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
3) Applicants must also provide the full names, addresses and telephone numbers and if possible e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
4) Failure to submit the requested information and reference number may result in your application not being considered.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Ms Kaashiefa Bassier on (021) 799 8878/8800 or preferably, or forward the completed application form, a letter and concise CV via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 0865899569.
Postal applications are to be addressed to:
Deputy Director: Human Resources,
South African National Biodiversity Institute,
Private Bag X7,
Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Closes: Friday, 22 February 2019
Location: Cape Town