Reference No: NZG/2021/004
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) requires an enthusiastic, dedicated, professional and responsible person to care for the National Zoological Garden animals according to the required global standards of animal husbandry and welfare, as well as maintenance and management of the enclosures in which they live.
The successful candidate must be in a possession of a Grade12, or equivalent qualification at NQF Level 4, enhanced by 6 months experience in cashiering and cash management. The successful applicant will be tasked with ensuring that transactions and records are correctly done; thereby assisting the organisation in delivering a good customer experience.
Have knowledge of cash management, balancing a point of sales (POS). He should also have good computer, written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work in a team as well as independently. Exposure to Point of Sale, with experience in Plankton will be advantageous.
The responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Perform collection of money
- Ensure money is banked
- Perform related administration
- Strive for excellent customer service
1) An application form must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
2) A skills test will be conducted as part of the selection process
3) Applicants must also provide the full names, telephone numbers and if possible e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
4) Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Ms. Seipati Nku on 012 328 3265 or, preferably, forward the completed application form, a cover letter, certified copies of qualifications, ID, Driver’s license and concise CV via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Postal applications are to be addressed to:
Assistant Director: Human Resources,
South African National Biodiversity Institute,
PO Box 754,
Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Closes: Friday, 26 March 2021
Job type: One (1) year contract
Salary package: R165 849.00 to R 232 188.00 per annum