Reference Number: AFIN/2021/003
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) requires an efficient and enthusiastic person to manage the supply chain process and implement supply chain management policies while overseeing the procurement process and to manage procurement contracts with suppliers.
The successful candidate must be in possession of degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or equivalent qualification with NQF 7. Honours or equivalent degree at NQF 8 will be an added advantage. The candidate should have 8 years’ experience in relevant field, 4 years of which should be in first line management position(s).
The successful candidate must have:
- Understanding of the Public Finance Management Act requirements and National Treasury Regulations;
- Ability to maintain sound interpersonal relations and to work in a methodical manner;
- Excellent business management skills, planning and organizing, problem-solving skills; and communication skills (both written and verbal at all levels);
- Exceptional experience in customer service;
- Excellent financial report writing skills;
- Must have an excellent computer literacy and experience in the application of software tools including (MS Word, MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Internet and Outlook); and
- A valid Code B (unendorsed) driver’s license with one year practical driving experience.
Key performance responsibilities include:
- Manage tender and contract management processes in line with SANBI Policies and legislative requirements
- Implement and manage tender processes and systems
- Management of contracts between SANBI and service providers
- Facilitate the reporting of tender and contract management activities
- Facilitate human capital development, change management and transformation.
1. An application form must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered)
2. A skills test and competency assessment will be conducted as part of the selection process
3. Applicants must also provide the full names, telephone numbers and if possible e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
4. Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position.
All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Postal applications are to be addressed to:
Assistant Director: Human Resources,
South African National Biodiversity Institute,
Private Bag X101,
Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Closes: Friday, 16 April 2021
Job type: Permanent
Salary package: R519 601.00 – R727 440.00 per annum