Reference Number: BIT/002/2023
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) is looking for a self-motivated individual to provide technological support and capability to support corporate governance and information technological services.
This position requires a national diploma in Information Technology, Computer Sciences or equivalent qualification at NQF 6 with 4 years of work experience in the relevant field or a degree in Information Technology, Computer Sciences or equivalent qualification at NQF 7 with 2 years of work experience in the relevant field.
The following competencies are required for the candidate to be successful in this position; Minimum of 4 years’ work experience as a Desktop Engineer or Support Technician; Minimum of 4 years’ work experience in supporting computer hardware and peripherals; Minimum of 4 years’ work experience in supporting computer software applications; Minimum of 4 years’ work experience in supporting remote connection systems / technologies; Minimum of 4 years’ work experience in supporting mobile device management; advanced planning, organizing, problem solving skills; proven ability to work under pressure with diverse team while being quality, cost, and safety conscious; extensive knowledge and experience in working with legislation, policies, procedures, processes, practices, systems, and frameworks related to provision of information technology support and services; excellent communication skills at all levels (both verbal and written); excellent computer literacy and experience in the application of software tools including (Ms Word, MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Internet and Outlook). The possession of a valid driver’s licence with at least one-year practical driving experience and a willingness to travel is essential.
Key Performance Responsibilities include:
- Assist to provide users’ support related to desktops, laptops, mobile devices, printers, VOIP phones and the like for both in
office and home/remote office needs;
- Assist to monitor the performance of the company's desktop infrastructure and make suggestions for improving efficiency;
- Assist to champion reporting issues and problems related to supporting user needs about desktops, laptops, mobile devices, printers, VOIP phones and the like for both in office and home/remote office needs; and
- Assist to provide information technology support and services in regional offices.
1) An application form must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for this position, and certified qualifications confirming that the
minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of meeting minimum qualifications and relevant experience will not be considered).
2) A competency test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
3) Applicants must also provide the full names, addresses and telephone numbers and if possible e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
4) Failure to submit the requested information and reference number shall result in your application not being considered.
Personal Information will be processed by SANBI for purposes of assessing your suitability for the advertised position. SANBI may also share your personal information including special personal information with service providers or third parties, both within the Republic of South Africa and in other jurisdictions, to carry out verification of qualifications and other necessary documents, background and reference checks, competency assessment tests, and criminal record checks. In this regard, by virtue of your application, you acknowledge that SANBI’s authorized verification agent(s) and service providers will access your personal information including special personal information to conduct background screening, verification of qualifications and other necessary documents, reference checks, competency assessment tests, and criminal record checks. For more information, kindly refer to SANBI’s website.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Mr Steve Mahlangu on (012) 843 5217 for any queries related to seeking clarity on this position.
Applications consisting of the completed application form, motivation letter, a concise CV, and certified qualifications must be submitted via an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Postal applications must be addressed to: Assistant Director: Human Resources, South African National Biodiversity Institute, Private Bag X101, Pretoria, 0001.
Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates must consider their applications unsuccessful.
Closes: Friday, 10 February 2023
Job type: Permanent
Location: Cape Town and Pretoria
Salary: R269 214.00