Reference Number: AMAR/2021/001
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) is looking for highly motivated individual to lead and optimize the communication, commercialisation and marketing functions across SANBI.
The position requires a postgraduate degree in Business/Marketing/Communication Management or an equivalent and relevant qualification at NQF 8. An MBA or an equivalent qualification at NQF 9 will be an added advantage. The position also requires at least 10 years’ experience in a relevant field, 5 years of which should be at middle management level.
The following competencies are required: in-depth communication skills, commercialisation and marketing exposure, including brand building, positioning and media engagement; advance knowledge on customer experience; project management knowledge of large-scale projects, especially within communication, commercialisation and marketing; in-depth experience of achieving profitability, customer experience, and Return on Investment (ROI) targets; exposure to sourcing and maintaining an adequate pipeline of additional funding; knowledge of Corporate Governance; in-depth organizational skills, analytical and problem-solving skills; excellent communication and interpersonal skills; advanced computer literacy. Knowledge of the tourism industry will be an added advantage. Candidates should be in possession of a valid driver’s licence and be willing to travel nationally and internationally.
Key performance responsibilities include:
- Lead the development and implementation of the Communication, Commercialisation and Marketing strategy.
- Provide leadership to ensure SANBI’s financial sustainability.
- Manage SANBI’s internal communication and external communication.
- Manage SANBI’s corporate website and managing the production of SANBI’s annual report.
- Facilitate opportunities for broader participation of previously disadvantaged groups and other target markets in appreciating the rich biodiversity of South Africa.
- Innovatively market and promote the National Botanical and Zoological Gardens as preferred destinations for both domestic and international
- Communicate SANBI’s mandated work to media and prepare and successfully place press releases.
- Establish and maintain partnerships and relationships with key stakeholders at international, national, provincial as well as local levels.
1) An application form must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
2) A competency assessment and skills test will be conducted as part of the selection process
3) Applicants must also provide the full names, telephone numbers and, e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
4) Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Contact Mr Maano Netshiombo on 082 453 0497 or preferably forward the completed application form a motivational letter, certified copies of qualifications, ID, driver’s licence and concise CV via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Postal applications are to be addressed to:
Assistant Director: Human Resources,
South African National Biodiversity Institute,
Private Bag X101,
SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Closes: Friday, 18 June 2021
Job type: Permanent
Salary: R905 145.00 to R1 267 201.00 per annum