The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) offers an exciting opportunity to a professionally qualified and experienced person who will oversee and manage the employee relations and wellness across SANBI to harmonise the working environment, promote good employee health and wellness, relations and compliance with labour and all other relevant legislation.
Inherent job requirements:
The appointment requires a relevant post-graduate qualification in Human Resources Management or equivalent qualification at NQF Level 8 enhanced by minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience in labour relations, of which five (5) years must be at middle management level.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate and have knowledge of the following:
- Sound knowledge and working understanding of relevant statutory provisions, exposure to HR information systems, advanced computer literacy, organisational skills, results and services orientation.
- Sound knowledge of labour legislation.
- Experience in collective bargaining.
- Practical application of conflict resolution/management.
- Strong interpersonal relations.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions.
Preferred skills and experience include: problem solving, strong leadership skills, project management, analytic, good networking and stakeholder engagement, financial analysis and reporting, and people management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage employee relations function.
- Manage employee health and wellness.
- Manage transformation and employment equity.
- Manage the incapacity management programme.
- Manage change management initiatives.
- An application form obtainable from our Offices must be accompanied by a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum requirements are met. Applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered.
- Applicants must also provide the names and contact details of at least three referees
- A skills test, competency assessment and background checks will be conducted as part of the selection process
- Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Please forward the completed application form, a letter, concise CV, and accompanying documents via e-mail to email@example.com.
Postal applications are to be addressed to:
Chief Director: Human Resources,
South African National Biodiversity Institute,
Pretoria National Botanical Garden,
2 Cussonia Avenue,
Private Bag X101,
Mr Maano Netshiombo
Cell: 082 453 0497
Closes: Friday, 14 August 2020
Job type: Permanent
Salary package: R905 145 - R1 267 201 per annum