The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) contributes to South Africa’s sustainable development by facilitating access to biodiversity data, generating information and knowledge, building capacity, providing policy advice, showcasing and conserving biodiversity in its national botanical and zoological gardens. SANBI has 12 main campuses throughout South Africa.
This exciting career opportunity is available for the right candidate to be strategically involved in the organization, to contribute to transformation and create an enabling environment that attracts, develops, and retains biodiversity professionals.
The appointment requires a relevant three (3) year Bachelor’s degree enhanced by minimum of 10 years’ experience in the Human Resources field of which five (5) years must be at middle management level and managing a diverse team. A relevant post graduate qualification and experience in Organisational Development will be an added advantage.
The successful candidate must have a demonstrable track record of successfully driving operational excellence, specifically the planning and execution of Human Resources strategy and best practice initiatives.
The candidate must have excellent English communication (written and verbal), analytic, strong leadership skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate, influence, negotiate and resolve conflict. Proficiency in MS Office is a prerequisite, as well as a valid (unendorsed) driver’s licence.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the design and implementation of HR strategies, Policies and Processes.
- Facilitate the implementation of Employment Equity and Transformation Initiatives.
- Provide leadership towards the implementation of employee wellness programs.
- Build, maintain and promote good relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide leadership in growing the Talent and Skills.
- Facilitate the alignment of individual and organisational performance.
- Manage and implement change and transformation.
- Promote Human Capital Development.
SANBI offers an all-inclusive annual remuneration package of R1 005 063.00.
1) An application form (obtainable from our Offices or website must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
2) A skills test and competency assessment will be conducted as part of the selection process.
3) Applicants must also provide the full names, telephone numbers and if possible e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
4) Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Mr Maano Netshiombo on (012) 843 5295 or preferably, forward the completed application form, a letter, concise CV, and accompanying documents via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Postal applications are to be addressed to the Chief Director: Human Resources, South African National Biodiversity Institute, Pretoria National Botanical Garden, 2 Cussonia Avenue, Brummeria, Pretoria, 0184 or Private Bag X101, Silverton, 0184.
Candidates are expected to be available for interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Closes: Friday, 14 December 2018