Reference Number: GRE/2019/001
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) requires the services of an organised and dedicated person to produce professional layout of technical biodiversity publications and other professional computer-generated graphics for use in exhibitions, marketing and print media by utilising relevant PC-based software.
This position requires an organised, creative, energetic, self-disciplined, problem-solving and motivated individual with a sharp sense of accuracy and excellent interpersonal skills, able to cope with a wide range of tasks, work well in a group and be willing to work overtime when multiple project deadlines coincide.
The successful candidate must be in possession of a three-year tertiary qualification in Information/Graphic Design enhanced with at least 5 years’ working experience in both print and electronic media. The incumbent must be computer literate in the following software: MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite (CS6), CorelDRAW 16, CorelPHOTOPAINT16, The incumbent must have an excellent spoken and written command of English and one other official language as well as a valid Code B drivers’ license with (1) one year’s practical driving experience.
The responsibilities include:
- Computer generated layout, design and scanning of images for various print/electronic media.
- Create illustrations, digitally or manually.
- Conceptualising and designing of promotional and other information material.
- Maintaining a filing and job card system to keep track of jobs done or in progress.
- Keeping up to date with recent developments in the design world (e.g. reading articles, internet, training).
- Prepare exchange media (CDs, DVDs) for repro and printing houses.
SANBI offers an all-inclusive annual salary package ranging from R370 655.00 to R518 916.00.
1) An application form must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
2) A skills test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
3) Applicants must also provide the full names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
4) Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position.
All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Mr Stephen Mahlangu on 012 843 5217 or, preferably, forward the completed application form, a letter, certified copies of qualification, ID, drivers licence and concise CV via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 012 843 5222.
Postal applications are to be addressed to the:
Assistant Director: Human Resources,
South African National Biodiversity Institute,
Private Bag X101,
Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Closes: Wednesday, 20 November 2019
Job type: Permanent
Salary package: R370 655.00 to R518 916.00