Reference number: GTHO/2019/002
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) requires the services of hardworking and self-motivated individual to maintain and assist in the development of Thohoyandou Botanical Garden.
The successful candidate is required to display sound interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate in English (read and write) and any other official languages as well as have 2 years’ relevant gardening experience. The successful candidate must be willing to work independently as well as in a team. The nature of this position requires hard and physical labour.
- Garden planning, development and maintenance.
- Identify and removal of weeds and aliens
- Responsible for Garden assets and stock issued
- Act in a professional and responsible manner towards external and internal customers
- Identify possible risks (Fire, theft, pollution, invasive weeds, security problems and dangerous animals) to the Garden.
Candidates who previously applied, are encouraged to re-apply.
1) An application form must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
2) A skills test will be conducted as part of the selection process
3) Applicants must also provide the full names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
4) Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Mr. John Sihlangu on 012 843 5009 or, preferably, forward the completed application form, a motivational letter, certified copies of qualifications, ID, Drivers License and concise CV via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Postal applications are to be addressed to the Assistant Director: Human Resources, South African National Biodiversity Institute, Private Bag X101, Pretoria, 0001.
Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may consider that their applications are unsuccessful.
Closes: Wednesday, 11 December 2019
Location: Thohoyandou, Limpopo
Job type: Contract (ending 31 March 2021)
Salary package: R78 942.00 – R110 519.00