Reference Number: HR/PTA/2021/001
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) requires an efficient and enthusiastic person to provide Human Resources administrative support services for Recruitment, Selection, Appointments, Service Benefits and Performance Management to the SANBI staff and management and ensure compliance with applicable legislation.
The successful candidate must be in possession of a degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent qualification with NQF 7. Honours degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent qualifications with NQF 8 will be an added advantage. The candidate should have 3 years’ experience in relevant field of the Human Resources Management.
The successful candidate must have:
- Well-developed Human Resources administrative support skills;
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills;
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Excellent business and report writing skills;
- Good record management skills and attentive to details;
- Extensive experience in recruitment, selection, service benefits and performance management processes; and
- A valid driver’s licence with at least one-year practical driving experience and a willingness to travel.
Key performance responsibilities include:
- Champion human resource administration and coordination;
- Coordinate and administer recruitment, selection and appointment of staff;
- Champion coordination of leave and service conditions;
- Champion coordination and administration of termination of service; and
- Champion coordination and administration of performance management activities.
1) An application form must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
2) A skills test will be conducted as part of the selection process
3) Applicants must also provide the full names, telephone numbers and if possible e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
4) Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Postal applications are to be addressed to:
Assistant Director: Human Resources,
South African National Biodiversity Institute,
Private Bag X101,
Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Closes: Friday, 16 April 2021
Job type: Permanent
Salary package: R250 278.00 – R350 389.00 per annum