12 months stipend contract
The National Zoological Garden (NZG) is a rapidly transforming facility and is part of the South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI). It has an impressive animal collection, one breeding centre as well as a wildlife research centre. The NZG is well placed as an education and awareness platform for visitors comprising of educators, learners, students, special interest groups and the general public.
The following challenging opportunities are in a process of being filled.
The National Zoological Garden is looking for well-qualified, hard-working, enthusiastic and motivated persons to be appointed as:
Human Resources Intern will observe, learn and perform the basic HR functions by receiving practical training from the HR Personnel. The Human Resources Intern will have the opportunity to gain practical knowledge about the role of the HR profession. The Intern will be responsible for delivering assistance and administrative support to HR team on various HR projects and initiatives.
The individuals will also provide support for various HR functions, including but not limited to:
- Human Resource administration
- Departmental support services
- Human Resource recruitment services
- Human Resource training and development
- Employee remuneration and benefits
- Human Resource performance management.
- A National Diploma or Degree in Human Resources or other relevant tertiary qualification.
Skills and behavioural competencies
- Ability to work under pressure
- Client orientated
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email)
- Problem solving capabilities
- Written and oral communications skills
- Organizational and planning Skills
- Effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills
- Share knowledge and work in a strong team oriented environment.
Interested applicants are requested to send applications (with a cover letter and comprehensive CV) to the address below. Short-listed candidates who are invited to an interview will be expected to demonstrate proof of the above key competencies and minimum requirements.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY ONLINE FOR THIS INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME.
Applications should be forwarded to: email@example.com with subject line; Internship Programme: Human Resources Management.
The National Zoological Garden, South African National Biodiversity Institute is committed to employment equity and redress. The NZG reserves the right not to fill this position. Should you not hear from us within 30 days from the closing date consider your application as being unsuccessful. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
Human Resources Division
Tel.: 012 339 2700
Closes: Friday, 15 February 2019