Landscape Assistant x2 – Horticulture
The National Zoological Garden (NZG) is a rapidly transforming facility and is part of the South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI). It has an impressive animal collection, one breeding centre as well as a wildlife research centre. The NZG is well placed as an education and awareness platform for visitors comprising of educators, learners, students, special interest groups and the general public. The following challenging opportunities are in a process of being filled:
The National Zoological Garden is looking for well-qualified, experienced, hard-working, enthusiastic and motivated persons to be appointed as Landscape Assistant x2 – Horticulture.
The successful applicants will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Maintenance of gardens and lawn as per workflow processes
- Assist in irrigation installation
- Assist in herbicides and pesticides application as per team leader instructions
- Assist with winter turf management
- Assist in washroom maintenance
- Ensure that the areas are litter free, recycle waste at source, and assist with waste removal
- Report all faults or irregularities to the team leader for repairs as per job card
- Ensure that the issue forms are correctly filled in when collecting products and equipment
- Stock control of tools and equipment, chemicals, petrol and pesticides/herbicides
- Ensure that all venues are correctly prepared as per the function schedule.
- Grade 12
- 6-12 months related experience
- Good command of the English Language – Speak, Read & Write
- Code 8 driver’s license will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Horticulture/garden maintenance
- Knowledge of washroom and hygiene management.
- Knowledge of cleaning operations
- Knowledge of waste and recycling
- Ability of operate flexi hours as per operational requirements
Interested applicants are requested to send applications with a cover letter and comprehensive CV the address below. Short-listed candidates who are invited to an interview will be expected to demonstrate proof of the above Key Competencies and Minimum Requirements.
Please do not apply online for this position.
Applications should be forwarded to:
HR Practitioner: Generalist
Subject: Landscape Assistant x2 – Horticulture
The National Zoological Garden, South African National Biodiversity Institute is committed to employment equity and redress. The NZG reserves the right not to fill this position. Should you not hear from us within 30 days from the closing date consider your application as being unsuccessful. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
Tel.: 012 339 2700
Closes: Wednesday, 5 December 2018