Reference Number: AFIN/2021/002
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) requires an efficient and enthusiastic person to provide support to the Chief Financial Officer and Director SCM & Asset Management by managing their offices, and managing the administrative, organisational and logistical support to the SCM & Finance Division, ensuring that this support is professional, effective and smooth running.
The successful candidate must be in possession of a degree in Office Management, Public Administration or equivalent qualification with NQF 7. Honours degree in Office Management, Public Administration or equivalent qualifications with NQF 8 will be an added advantage. The candidate should have 3 years’ experience in Office Management environment, with 1-year experience in procurement, logistical, records and stores management, project and event management.
The successful candidate must have:
- Extensive experience in managing the office of the senior executive;
- Understanding of the Public Finance Management Act requirements and National Treasury Regulations is essential;
- Ability to maintain sound interpersonal relations and to work in a methodical manner is essential;
- Excellent business management skills, planning and organizing, problem-solving skills; and communication skills (both written and verbal at all levels) is essential;
- Project management training / courses and comprehensive experience in formal project management implementation methodologies will be an added advantage;
- Must have an excellent computer literacy and experience in the application of software tools including (MS Word, MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Internet and Outlook); and
- Be in possession of a valid Code B (unendorsed) driver’s license with one year practical driving experience.
Key performance responsibilities include:
- Effective and efficient office administration including correspondence management and representing the CFO’s office in a professional manner
- Manage and maintain the office of the Director: Supply Chain and Assets Management and provide logistical support
- Render the administrative and logistical support services for Finance and Supply Chain Management Division
- Provide financial support, budget and procurement services in the Finance Division including serving as a divisional representative on the Health & Safety Committee
- Manage electronic and manual filing system in the office of the CFO and the Director: SCM and Assets Management.
1. An application form must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
2. A skills test will be conducted as part of the selection process
3. Applicants must also provide the full names, telephone numbers and if possible e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
4. Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Postal applications are to be addressed to:
Assistant Director: Human Resources,
South African National Biodiversity Institute,
Private Bag X101,
Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Closes: Friday, 16 April 2021
Job type: Permanent
Salary package: R328 022.00 – R459 232.00 per annum