Reference Number: EENT/GFSG/2018/001
Biodiversity Education and Empowerment Directorate
Two (2) Year Contract
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) is looking for enthusiastic, dynamic and responsible individuals to assist with the development and implementation of the Biodiversity Education and Empowerment Programmes at the above mentioned National Botanical Garden.
This position requires a Grade 12 certificate with a minimum of 1 year relevant experience in environmental education. The position also requires a confident communicator who is able to relate well with learners, educators and community members and have good interpersonal skills, analytical thinking, report-writing, problem-solving, planning and organisational skills.
The incumbents should show an understanding of the Department of Basic Education’s Curriculum Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS) and have proven experience in working co-operatively as part of a team. The successful candidate must have good spoken and written communication skills in English and one other official language and be proficient in MS Office programmes.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and coordination of the Biodiversity Education Programme.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and coordination of the Awareness-raising Programme.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of teaching and learning resource materials for the programmes.
- Perform administrative duties and ensure personal and professional development.
SANBI is offering an hourly rate of R74.12 per hour.
Please do not apply online for this position. Applications should be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The candidates are requested to clearly specify the reference number of the position they are applying for. This is a two-year contract with no possibility of extension.
1) An application form must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
2) A skills test may be conducted as part of the selection process
3) Applicants must also provide the full names, telephone numbers and if possible e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
4) Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Mr. John Sihlangu on 012 843 5009 or, preferably, forward the completed application form, a cover letter, certified copies of qualifications, ID, drivers licence and concise CV via e-mail to email@example.com or fax 012 843 5222. Postal applications are to be addressed to the Assistant Director: Human Resources, South African National Biodiversity Institute, Private Bag X101, Pretoria, 0001.
Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may consider that their applications are unsuccessful.
Closes: 07 December 2018