Reference number: BIPA/2018/001
Re-advertisement - Candidates who previously applied are encouraged to re-apply
South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) requires a highly motivated individual to lead SANBI’s work on biodiversity finance, to maintain ecological infrastructure in policy across a range of sectors and demonstrate the relevance of biodiversity and ecological infrastructure to national development priorities.
This appointment requires a relevant post-graduate degree or equivalent qualification Natural, Social or Agricultural Sciences enhanced by at least 8 years’ relevant working experience, including experience in providing complex policy inputs and advice, managing and facilitating workshops and communities of practice, and in engaging and managing relationships with stakeholders.
The incumbent must demonstrate good knowledge of the concept of ecological infrastructure and its application in policy, legislation and programmes to date in South Africa. The successful candidate must demonstrate excellent analytical and conceptual abilities; advanced organisational skills; the ability to maintain sound interpersonal relations; problem-solving ability; and ability to communicate at all levels both verbally and in writing.
The incumbent must have an excellent computer literacy as well as be in possession of a valid Code B (unendorsed) driver’s license with one year practical driving experience.
- Lead SANBI’s project-related work on biodiversity finance
- Lead SANBI’s policy engagements related to natural resource management
- Ensure linkages between biodiversity policy advice across a range of projects and sectors
- Manage SANBI’s work on Making the Case for Biodiversity
- Support linkages between relevant national and international policy processes
1) An application form must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
2) A skills test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
3) Applicants must also provide the full names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
4) Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position.
All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Mr Stephen Mahlangu on 012 843 5217 or, preferably, forward the completed application form, a letter, certified copies of qualification, ID, drivers licence and concise CV via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 012 843 5222.
Postal applications are to be addressed to the:
Assistant Director: Human Resources,
South African National Biodiversity Institute,
Private Bag X101,
Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Closes: Thursday, 19 September 2019
Location: Cape Town
Job type: 3 year contract position
Salary package: R707 557.00 to R990 581.00 per annum