Reference number: BEE/2019/002
Re-advertisement - Candidates who previously applied are encouraged to re-apply
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) requires an enthusiastic, motivated individual to plan, manage, coordinate and report on all matters related to SANBI’s Groen Sebenza II Project.
The appointment requires the candidate to be in possession of at least a three year tertiary qualification in the environmental/biodiversity field and a Project management certificate. The core requirements of this job are at least five years’ experience in managing medium to large scale programmes in the environmental/biodiversity sector, experience in the training and skills development field, a proven ability to build, work and manage partnerships and relationships and superb communication and presentation skills.
The candidate needs to demonstrate ability to manage both human and financial resources, make decisions at various levels and be highly skilled and proactive in planning, organising and coordination.
In addition, appointment requires good spoken and written command of English, proficiency in MS Office Package and a valid (unendorsed) Code B driver’s licence with at least one year driving experience. The incumbent must also be able to work independently with limited supervision, perform under pressure, adhere to stringent deadlines and compliance regimen and be willing to travel.
- Effective planning, coordination and management of the Groen Sebenza II Project
- Effective management of human resources
- Effective management of project funds and assets
- Reporting as per set systems and procedures in SANBI and DEA.
1) An application form must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
2) A skills test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
3) Applicants must also provide the full names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
4) Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position.
All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Mr Stephen Mahlangu on 012 843 5217 or, preferably, forward the completed application form, a letter, certified copies of qualification, ID, drivers licence and concise CV via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 012 843 5222. Postal applications are to be addressed to the:
Assistant Director: Human Resources,
South African National Biodiversity Institute,
Private Bag X101,
Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Closes: Monday, 16 September 2019
Job type: 3-year contract
Salary package: R423 857.00 – R593 400.00 per annum