Reference Number: GDIR/2019/006
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) is looking for a self-motivated individual to provide administrative, financial and project coordination for National Department of Tourism and EPIP project.
Prospective applicants must hold a three year relevant National Diploma/Degree in Financial Accounting/Financial Management enhanced by at least 5 years’ experience in Financial Management, Project Management and Administration. Experience in working with public finances is essential. An understanding of supply chain management processes and NGO sector structures and functioning would be an added advantage.
The successful candidate must have good interpersonal and teamwork skills, financial accounting skills, accuracy and analytical skills, excellent organisational and coordination skills, a proven ability to work with public sector and community organisations and a proven ability to build and manage relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
In addition, appointment requires a flair for figures, computer literacy in MS Office (advanced Excel knowledge and practical experience) and a good spoken and written command of English. The incumbent must also be able to work well under pressure, with limited supervision, and be able to adhere to stringent deadlines. The successful candidate must be in possession of a valid (unendorsed) code B drivers’ licence and be willing to travel.
- Project administration.
- Budgets and Financial Management.
- Asset Management.
- Procurement for the project.
- Communication and Facilitation
1) An application form must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
2) A skills test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
3) Applicants must also provide the full names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
4) Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position.
All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Mr Stephen Mahlangu on 012 843 5217 or, preferably, forward the completed application form, a letter, certified copies of qualification, ID, drivers licence and concise CV via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 012 843 5222. Postal applications are to be addressed to the:
Assistant Director: Human Resources,
South African National Biodiversity Institute,
Private Bag X101,
Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Closes: Monday, 16 September 2019
Job type: Contract post until 31 March 2022
Salary package: From R370 655.00 to 518 916.00