Reference number: BID/2018/006
Re-advertisement - Candidates who previously applied are encouraged to re-apply.
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, dedicated, professional and highly responsible person to provide coordination, project reporting and logistical support to the coordinator of the Status Report on Biological Invasions.
This position requires the successful candidate to be in possession of a 3 year tertiary qualification in Natural Sciences enhanced by a minimum of 2 years’ relevant working experience. The incumbent must have sound computer skills and experience in MS Office, as well as demonstrate the ability to maintain sound interpersonal relations and have an excellent spoken and written command of English, be analytical and organization skills. It is essential that the candidate be in possession of a valid (unendorsed) Code B drivers license plus proven driving experience and be willing to travel nationally.
- Establish and maintain partnerships in order to obtain relevant data to support the National Status Report on Biological Invasions;
- Update and curate databases of information related to biological invasions;
- Plan, coordinate and manage logistics and travel for National Status Report on Biological Invasions meetings and workshops;
- Provide project management support to coordinator of the National Status Report on Biological Invasions.
1) An application form must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
2) A skills test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
3) Applicants must also provide the full names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
4) Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position.
All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Mr Siviwe Kotyi on (021) 799 8636/8800 or forward the completed application form, a letter and concise CV via e-mail to email@example.com or fax 086 589 9569.
Postal applications are to be addressed to:
Deputy Director: Human Resources,
South African National Biodiversity Institute,
Private Bag X7,
Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Closes: Friday, 13 September 2019
Location: Cape Town
Job type: Contract position ending on 31 March 2020
Salary package: R250 278.00 to R350 389.00 per annum