Reference Number: AFIN/2019/002
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) requires the services of enthusiastic, responsible persons to provide support in processing of payments of all supplier’s invoices and documents.
Prospective applicants must be in possession of a Grade 12 qualification with 5 years’ relevant working experience in a position with the same/similar responsibilities. Working knowledge of the ACCPAC financial accounting system is preferred in order to be considered for this position.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to maintain sound interpersonal relations, and have an excellent spoken and written command of English. The successful candidate must have the ability to meet deadlines, pay attention to detail and a high level of accuracy, be able to work independently and within a team, meet deadlines, also have excellent administration and organisational skills, numerical skills and computer proficiency in MS Office.
The responsibilities include:
- Receiving and processing supplier invoices for payment;
- Preparing payment run;
- Petty Cash reimbursement to Cost Centres;
- Batching and Capturing of suppliers invoices;
- Monitoring transactions to ensure applicable policies and regulations have been complied with;
- Handling account reconciliations, queries and processing corrections.
1) An application form must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
2) A skills test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
3) Applicants must also provide the full names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
4) Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
5) Candidates residing in Cape Town will receive preference.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Ms Zena Appollis on (021) 7998647/8800 or preferably, forward the completed application form, a letter and concise CV via e-mail to email@example.com or fax 086 589 9569.
Postal applications are to be addressed to:
Deputy Director: Human Resources,
South African National Biodiversity Institute,
Private Bag X7,
Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI.
If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Closes: Friday, 22 November 2019
Location: Cape Town
Job type: Permanent
Salary package: R200 275.00 to R280 386.00 per annum