Reference number: BEE/2019/001
Re-advertisement - Candidates who previously applied are encouraged to re-apply
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated, professional and responsible person to develop, facilitate and coordinate Biodiversity Education and Empowerment Programmes at the Free State National Botanical Garden.
This position requires a three year tertiary qualification (National Diploma/Degree) in the environmental/conservation field with an education or environmental education specialization with a minimum of 3 years verifiable work experience in the education or environmental education field.
The incumbent must be computer literate and have a working knowledge of MS Office programmes. Furthermore, the candidate must be in possession of a valid (unendorsed) Code B/EB driver’s license with at least one year’s driving experience.
The position requires a confident communicator who is able to relate well with learners, educators and community members and have good interpersonal skills, analytical thinking, report-writing, problem-solving, planning and organisational skills. The candidate should show an understanding of relevant policies, strategies and research reports for example: the Department of Basic Education’s Curriculum Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS), the National Environmental Management: Biodiversity Act (No.10 of 2004), the Environmental Sector Skills Plan, the Biodiversity Human Capital Development Strategy, etc.
The successful candidate must have proven experience in working co-operatively as part of a team and have good spoken and written communication skills in English and one other official language.
- Develop, implement and coordinate the Biodiversity Education Programme;
- Develop, implement and coordinate the Capacity Development, Awareness-raising and Outreach Greening Programmes;
- Manage human resources;
- Do the financial management of the cost center.
1) An application form must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
2) A skills test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
3) Applicants must also provide the full names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
4) Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position.
All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Ms Ethel Mokgoko on 012 843 5214 or, preferably, forward the completed application form, a letter, certified copies of qualification, ID, drivers licence and concise CV via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 012 843 5222.
Postal applications are to be addressed to the:
Assistant Director: Human Resources,
South African National Biodiversity Institute,
Private Bag X101,
Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Closes: Monday, 16 September 2019
Job type: Permanent
Salary package: R328 022.00 – R459 232.00 per annum