Reference number: AFIN/2019/005
Re-advertisement - Candidates who previously applied are encouraged to re-apply
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) requires an efficient and enthusiastic person to render a productive service to all SANBI employees with regards to the implementation of Supply Chain Management Policy, which consists of processes, systems and procedures as illustrated in the PFMA and related legislations.
The successful candidate must be in possession of a three year National Diploma/Degree in Accounting/Supply Chain Management/Purchasing Management/Logistics/Public Finance Management/Public Administration/Management or a relevant tertiary qualification, enhanced by 2-5 years’ relevant experience in the field of Supply Chain Management and 2 years at Junior Management level will be an added advantage.
The candidate should demonstrate good communication and analytical skills, excellent interpersonal relations are a prerequisite. The candidate must be highly proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel and possess a valid Code B driver’s license and willing to travel.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure compliance to SCM regulations
- Manage RFQ/RFP processes and procedure and issuing of quotation numbers
- Close and evaluation of Request for Quotations
- Manage iQual vendor Management and procure system and CSD systems
- Supervise employees to ensure sound, financial, RFQ/RFP PO’s and payments.
1) An application form must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
2) A skills test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
3) Applicants must also provide the full names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
4) Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position.
All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Mr Stephen Mahlangu on 012 843 5217 or, preferably, forward the completed application form, a letter, certified copies of qualification, ID, drivers licence and concise CV via e-mail to email@example.com or fax 012 843 5222.
Postal applications are to be addressed to the:
Assistant Director: Human Resources,
South African National Biodiversity Institute,
Private Bag X101,
Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Closes: Wednesday, 18 September 2019
Job type: Permanent
Salary package: R328 022.00 to R459 232.00 per annum