Salary Level: 4
Division: Corporate Services
SANBI is seeking to appoint a highly motivated individual to provide provisioning, administrative functions and logistical support on a contract for a period of 2 years as an Administrative Assistant.
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) requires a highly motivated individual to provide provisioning, administrative functions and logistical support. The candidate will be responsible for dealing directly with internal and external clients and will also act as a relief for events and reception areas.
This position requires the successful candidate to be in possession of a Grade 12 certificate enhanced by 2 years’ relevant working experience. It is essential for the incumbent to have sound computer skills and experience in MS Office, and it would be advantageous if the incumbent has familiarity with Flopac or similar packages.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to maintain sound interpersonal relations and have an excellent spoken and written command of English, as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Possession of a valid Code B driver’s license with one year’s practical driving experience is compulsory.
The appointee will be responsible for:
- Provide administrative duties;
- Provide financial and procurement support;
- Coordinate venue bookings and events;
- Reception relief – act as reliever for switchboards;
- Act as guesthouse relief host– sharing responsibility of hosting events & viewing sessions which take place over weekends and after hours.
SANBI offers an all-inclusive annual salary of R175 155.87.
- An application form (obtainable from our Offices or SANBI website www.sanbi.org must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
- A competency test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
- Applicants must also provide the full names, address and telephone number and if possible e-mail address of at least three referees.
- An application form must accompany the CV and motivational letter. Download Application Form.
- Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Ms Zena Appollis on (021) 799 8647/8800 or preferably, apply on line at www.sanbi.org or forward the completed application form, a letter and concise CV via e-mail to email@example.com or fax 0865899569. Postal applications are to be addressed to the Deputy Director: Human Resources, South African National Biodiversity Institute, Private Bag X7, Claremont, 7735.
Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Please note that any emails sent to SANBI must be under 10MB in size.
Closes: 2 May 2018 - 4:00pm